Tour Stop Formats
- Tour of Texas Policies
- Tour Qualifiers
NEW IN 2019
- Bid Allocations
NEW IN 2019
- Tour Stop #1
NEW IN 2019
- Tour Stop #2
- Tour Finals
- Team Bench Protocol
This year, the Tour of Texas committee has agreed that only the pre-qualified teams will be able to book their hotels for the Tour Stops starting Wednesday, November 1, 2018. Any team that qualifies at the 2018 Tour of Texas Qualifier will have to wait until Wednesday, January 2, 2019 to book through EM2 Housing.Pre-Qualified Teams
Any pre-qualified team that gets bought out, merges with an existing club, or moves to a new club will automatically forfeit their pre-qualified status. A change in team code for any reason will result in that team losing its pre-qualified spot.
If a pre-qualified team chooses not to participate in the Tour of Texas they must email email@example.com before the Tour Qualifier registration deadline.
This applies to teams that qualify at a Tour of Texas Qualifier; it does not include pre-qualified teams from the previous year. Should a team qualify for the Tour of Texas then choose to drop or not attend either one of the Tour Stops, the entire club will be prohibited to place any teams into the Tour of Texas the following year.Teams may not play up an age division
The Tour of Texas is designed to be an ultra-competitive tournament series.
NEW FORMAT FOR 2018-2019! Please read carefully.
There will now be 3 opportunities for teams to qualify into the Tour should they choose to attend more than one Qualifier.Houston, TX
December 8-9, 2018Austin, TX
December 15-16, 2018Dallas, TX
December 29-30, 2018
- Pre-qualified teams (14s-18s) will not compete in any of Tour Qualifiers and will begin competition at Tour Stop I, January 19-20, 2019
- Teams are permitted to compete in more than one Tour Qualifier. However, once a team qualifies for the Tour they are no longer able to compete in another Tour Qualifier. For example, if a team qualifies for the Tour in Houston, this team cannot compete in Austin and/or Dallas.
- Teams are no longer required to submit their stop check to be eligible to compete in a Tour Qualifier - Click HERE for more detailed information regarding Tour Q registration
- 2019 tentative wave times will be posted under the respective Qualifier page
2019 Tour of Texas & Texas Championship Series Divisions
- Pre-qualified teams are determined by the top 12 finishes at the 2018 Tour of Texas Finals in the 13s - 17s divisions. Finishes in the bidding divisions at the 3 Tour of Texas Qualifiers (Houston, Austin & Dallas) will determine the other teams that qualify for the 2019 Tour of Texas.
- Rosters submitted at the Tour of Texas Qualifier will be considered frozen for the entirety of the Tour. Any changes to the roster will need to be approved by the Tour of Texas committee.
Bid Allocations at the Tour Qualifiers
12s Division - 16 bids available
|# of teams registered||14||12||10||8||6|
|# of bids||5||4||3||2||1|
13s Division - 24 bids available
|# of teams||18||16||14||12||10||8||6||4|
|# of bids||8||7||6||5||4||3||2||1|
14s-18s Divisions - 12 bids available
|# of teams||24||18||12||6|
|# of bids||4||3||2||1|
As shown by the tables above, bids will be allocated across the three qualifiers based on the size of each field. Should a qualifier not reach the appropriate number of teams to receive max bids, those bids will be allocated among the other qualifiers in a rotation of largest field to smallest field.
For the 12s - 17s divisions, the next best eligible teams after the teams that qualify for the Tour of Texas will qualify for the Texas Championship Series (formerly LSCS). These teams will be determined by match, set, and point ratio.
January 19- 20, 2019
- Houston, TX
AM Wave - 12s, 13s, 14s, 15s
PM Wave - 12s, 16s, 17s, 18s
Please note the 12s will be split between AM and PM wave. Teams will need to check the schedule once available to determine their start time.
February 9–10, 2019
- 12s in Round Rock, TX - PM Wave
- 13s–18s in Dallas, TX
Wave Assignments at DCC
AM Wave - 13s, 14s, 15s
PM Wave - 16s, 17s, 18s
March 2–3, 2019
- 12s–17s in San Antonio, TX
March 9–10, 2019
- 18s in Round Rock, TX - PM Wave
Wave Assignments March 2–3
12s at Mission Concepcion
13s, 14s, 15s at SACC
15s, 16s, 17s at SACC
Please note the 15s will be split between AM and PM wave. Teams will need to check the schedule once available to determine their start time.
What to expect...
- Teams that qualify for the Tour of Texas must accept and attend all of the following stops
- Once qualified, the roster submitted at the Tour of Texas Qualifier will be considered frozen for the entirety of the Tour of Texas
- R1s are provided at each stop. Work teams will be responsible for providing the R2