Tour Stop Formats
- Tour of Texas Policies
- Tour Qualifiers
NEW IN 2020
- Tour Bid Allocations
NEW IN 2020
- Texas Championship Series Allocations
- Tour Stop #2
- Tour Finals
- Team Bench Protocol
This year, the Tour of Texas committee has agreed that only the pre-qualified teams will be able to book their hotels for the Tour Stops starting Wednesday, November 1, 2019. Any team that qualifies at the 2020 Tour of Texas Qualifier will have to wait until Wednesday, January 2, 2020 to book through EM2 Housing.Pre-Qualified Teams
Any pre-qualified team that gets bought out, merges with an existing club, or moves to a new club will automatically forfeit their pre-qualified status. A change in team code for any reason will result in that team losing its pre-qualified spot.
If a pre-qualified team chooses not to participate in the Tour of Texas they must email [email protected] before August 15, 2019.
This applies to teams that qualify at a Tour of Texas Qualifier; it does not include pre-qualified teams from the previous year. Pre-qualified teams have until August 15, 2019 to make the decision to drop out with no penalty. After this date, thee club will be subject to the consequence listed below. Should a team qualify for the Tour of Texas then choose to drop or not attend either one of the Tour Stops, the entire club will be prohibited to place any teams into the Tour of Texas the following year.Teams may not play up an age division
The Tour of Texas is designed to be an ultra-competitive tournament series.
NEW FORMAT FOR 2019-2020! Please read carefully.
There will now be 2 opportunities for teams to qualify into the Tour should they choose to attend more than one Qualifier.
January 11-12, 2020
San Antonio, TX (12s, 16s-18s) | Houston, TX (13s-15s)
January 18-19, 2020
Dallas, TX (All Ages)
2020 Bid Allocations for the Tour of Texas - Updated 06/04/19 Each qualifier will receive 2 bids in each age group (as long as the division has at least 6 teams registered). The rest of the bid allocations will be split using a percentage based on registration #s. See the Bid Allocations tab to further see how the 2020 Tour of Texas teams will be determined.
- Pre-qualified teams (14s-18s) will not compete in any of Tour Qualifiers and will begin competition, January 18-19, 2020, in Round Rock, TX competing in their own tournament.
- Teams are permitted to compete in more than one Tour Qualifier. However, once a team qualifies for the Tour they are no longer able to compete in another Tour Qualifier. For example, if a team qualifies for the Tour in Houston, this team cannot compete in Dallas.
- Teams are no longer required to submit their stop check to be eligible to compete in a Tour Qualifier - Click HERE for more detailed information regarding Tour Q registration.
- Pre-qualified teams are determined by the top 12 finishes at the 2019 Tour of Texas Finals in the 13s - 17s divisions. Finishes in the bidding divisions at the Tour of Texas Qualifiers (San Antonio/Houston & Dallas) will determine the remaining teams that qualify for the 2020 Tour of Texas.
- Rosters submitted at the Tour of Texas Qualifier will be considered frozen for the entirety of the Tour. Any changes to the roster will need to be approved by the Tour of Texas committee.
Bid Allocations at the Tour Qualifiers
2020 Bid Allocations for the Tour of Texas - Updated 06/04/20Each qualifier will receive 2 bids in each age group (as long as the division has at least 6 teams registered). The rest of the bid allocations will be split using a percentage based on registration #s.
14s division in Dallas has 48 teams registered.
14s division in Houston has 36 teams registered.
Each receive the 2 minimum. The other 8 bids would be split based on the below calculation resulting in (3) given to 14s @ GRB and (5) given to 14s @ Dallas.
|Registered Teams||Percentage||Leftover Bid Split|
For the 12s - 17s divisions, the next best eligible teams after the teams that qualify for the Tour of Texas will qualify for the Texas Championship Series (formerly LSCS). These teams will be determined by match, set, and point ratio.
Texas Championship Series (TCS) Allocations
2020 allocation will follow suit with the Tour of Texas allocation process.Each qualifier will receive 2 bids in each age group (12s–17s; as long as the division has at least 6 teams registered). The rest of the bid allocations will be split using a percentage based on registration #s.
IMPORTANT: When necessary, we will use match, set, point percentage to break a tie to determine the next eligible team. Please note that this does mean we may not go in the exact order of the results shown on AES as the results do not take into consideration the match, set, point percentages.
What if I earn a Tour bid after accepting a TCS spot?For teams who are competing in more than (1) qualifier and qualify for the Tour of Texas must accept that Tour Bid and drop from the Texas Championship Series. There will be no penalty to these teams for dropping their TCS spot.
Should the above scenario happen, the open TCS spot will trickle down to the next eligible team at the qualifier in which the original TCS spot was earned. For example: should a team earn a TCS spot in Houston and then earn a Tour bid in Dallas, that team must accept the Tour bid and the TCS spot will trickle down to next eligible team from the Houston qualifier.
What if I earn a second TCS spot after accepting a TCS spot at an earlier qualifier?If a team competes in more than 1 qualifier and places in a position that earns a TCS spot in both qualifiers, the team will keep its original TCS spot and the second TCS spot will trickle down at the qualifier in which they earned the second spot.
For example: Should a team earn a TCS spot in Houston and then chooses to play in Dallas and earns a second TCS spot, that team will keep the TCS spot they accepted in Houston, and the TCS spot they earned in Dallas will trickle down to the next eligible team in the Dallas qualifier.
February 8–9, 2020
- 12s in Round Rock, TX - PM Wave
- 13s–18s in Dallas, TX
February 29–March 1, 2020
- 12s–17s in Austin, TX
April 4–5, 2020
- 18s in Dallas, TX - PM Wave
What to expect...
- Teams that qualify for the Tour of Texas must accept and attend all of the following stops
- Once qualified, the roster submitted at the Tour of Texas Qualifier will be considered frozen for the entirety of the Tour of Texas
- R1s are provided at each stop. Work teams will be responsible for providing the R2